View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 22:27   #1834
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
No I don't work for VM.
Just wondering as you seem to know your stuff and your passionate about it.

Quote:
I just find this bringing up of capped speeds as a 'problem' crazy.
I suppose it comes down to what your opinion on the subject is. I think that people not having a problem with this is crazy

Quote:
If the capping caused problems, then fair enough. but they don't.
Again it's all about opinion. There will be hundreds of thousands of Virgin broadband who never suffer capping. For me personally it was a problem when I had Virgin broadband. I wasn't happy with the speeds I was getting through the day, due to my usage of the service, in reflection to what I was paying.

Quote:
They do not prevent people downloading as much as they want. Capped VM speeds are faster than most other BB speeds. VM do not hide the fact that they exist and I personally believe that the vast majority of people are not affected by them.
It's a good point I can't argue with.

Quote:
You refered to VM BB as:

The big problem is the 30mb connection has really tight usage restrictions

And this simply isn't the case.
Again it's all about personal opinion. When I was having financial issues I moved from 100mb to 30mb for a short period. The download limits and speed restrictions for me where a problem and difficult to get used to. I suppose coming down from 100mb might have exaggerated my perception of the issue.

When it comes right down to it each and every customer will decide what is right for them. What I view as a problem, others might find acceptable and visa versa.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote