View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 13:32   #1026
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What are you reading?

Following on from that, I then read "Bad Blood" (a "Double Dead" novella), by Chuck Wendig. Half the size of the first one, but still great.

Next up will be Blackbirds and Mockingbird, also by Wendig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirds
Miriam Black Knows How You're Going To Die

She’s foreseen hundreds of car crashes, heart attacks, strokes, and suicides. She merely needs to touch you — skin to skin contact — and she knows how and when you’ll die.

But when Miriam hitches a ride with Louis Darling and shakes his hand, she sees that in thirty days Louis will be murdered while he calls her name. Louis will die because he met her, and she will be the next victim.

No matter what she does she can’t save Louis. But if she wants to stay alive, she’ll have to try.

It was actually a recent io9 review of Wendig's "Mockingbird" (the second Miriam Black novel) that got me into his books.

That lead me to a review of Blackbirds (the first Miriam Black novel).

... and that lead me to "Double Dead".
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote