View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 11:13   #6071
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Ah, is that the source of the confusion? What I was referring to was access to broadband at an appropriate speed. I did say that very clearly in the quote.
So you say, every time I remind you of it. I suspect you’ve said it so often you’ve convinced yourself it’s true. However I provided the link to the thread from 2015 so anyone sufficiently curious can read the context and the wider discussion and see for themselves that when you first climbed on this hobby horse of yours, you really did think it would be all over for the linear channels in around 10 years.

Of particular interest is your response to the point made about the 10-yearly BBC charter review process which, by its nature, would tend to prolong the presence of linear TV channels in decade-long blocks of time. You engaged with that point but somehow managed not to say anything about being misunderstood with regards to predicting the end of linear broadcast in 10 years from 2015.