View Single Post
Old 20-09-2021, 17:39   #230
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Parliament to be recalled re: Taliban in Afghanistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Do terrorists stand out in a crowd in any country? If they did, they wouldn’t be very good at being terrorists?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
They used to wear backpacks on the London underground, long beards and mumbling in Arabic. Been a few years, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You're only interested in tripping me up. Whether the person in question is mumbling in Urdu or Arabic (and prolly holding a copy of the Koran in his hand - I've seen it myself) is of little importance. To go over it again with greater clarity:

1. A person with a backpack on the Underground etc;

2. That person being bearded and evidently Pakistani, Arabic or some other Muslim affiliated origin;

3 That person mumbling something that might be in Arabic or Urdu.

Everyone else in this thread will have understood the minimum words I used to describe the issue. To remind, I said:

You were specifically responding to a question - your response was inaccurate, and now you’re trying to move the goalposts by stating that anyone on the underground with dusky skin reading a book, wearing a backpack, and mumbling, is a potential terrorist?

Pointing out glaring inaccuracies in your statement is not "catching you out"…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 20-09-2021 at 17:48.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote