View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 14:30   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
2021 Box Office Stats

Although we are heading towards the end of the year I thought now is the perfect time to see how the year has gone so far because I think we are going to see a big change over the next couple of months as some big films get released. The box office has been dominated by Chinese movies and even more so last year as the biggest market, the US, has been in various lockdowns and restrictions and cinemas have been closed.

We are used to seeing films around the $1bn mark populating the top 10 but nothing could be further from the truth atm which is a reflection of how the industry has been affected by covid. I am really surprised Fast 9 has done as well as it has and it probably isn't too far off what was predicted pre-pandemic. I am disappointed Free Guy isn't doing better, it is such a good film and I thought it would do $400m+.

I wanted to have a look at things now because we have arguably got the best films of the year coming out soon. Shang Chi has just been released and over the next few months we have got No Time To Die, Eternals, Ghostbusters, Spiderman and The Matrix; each of which you would expect to circle the $1bn mark so one would expect the top 10 to dramatically change. I can't wait to see how Shang Chi does over the next couple of weeks.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote