View Single Post
Old 27-06-2019, 07:51   #30
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I am the other way round, I hate the old ones. They are way too camp and cheesy and the dubbed sound for the punches and gun shouts and stuff is painful. The only good ones imho are the Daniel Craig ones. If you want to propose a scenario in which you have got a top secret government agent who has a license to kill and save the world from annihilation then it is realistic that there is going to be some grit and gore and barbarity.
The cheese makes the old ones great. I think it was the Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton films that ruined Bond.

They were ridiculous. Although I think that's why the film's are still so popular, the cheese and Britishness are what most people love Sean Connery's first few film are so good, in terms of the story mainly. My personal favs are From Russia with Love, and On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

The plot and story of that one are brilliant and it's also pretty sad as Bond gets married and his new wife killed. The only Bond with George Lazenby. It's a very underrated film. Not all the ADR is poorly dubbed though, then again most movies have effects added in post production.

However I would say of you think some of the later movies are too cheesy then read the original novels as they allow you a better way to experience the great characters and stories.