View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 19:29   #9846
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You are beyond parody, Old Boy. There used to be a vague semblance of something interesting in these posts, merely as a thought experiment more than anything else.

I'll continue to await the calculation on how a streamer raises and turns a profit on £5bn for Premiership football rights. I'm sure you'll tell me these people are geniuses, of course, but it was Sky who correctly predicted that none of them would enter the market for the first round of bids in 2019-22 and that the rights would go down in value.

What changes in 2022-25, other than the recession? If BT are right that the value of rights falls what makes Sky with it's customer base in place from day 1 less well placed than a streamer?
It is difficult to fault your logic. The fly in the ointment may be EPL selling rights directly to customers.

Many years ago, the thought was that you would be able to buy a season ticket to watch your favourite clubs matches (home and away).

This never got off the ground - I suspect because they didn't have the tech to do it.

Now the streamers have shown you can stream games live all you need is a method of getting payment. advertising the new service would be cheap as they can do it mid game throughout the season - preparing people for the next season.

This would blow the streamers out of the water as the content wouldn't be available.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote