View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 10:51   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Assassin's Creed?

Just picked up Assassin's Creed:Syndicate again. You play twins, Jacob and Evie Frye, and it's set in Victorian London. I don't think the map is entirely accurate, but it's close enough that it felt as though I was in the real London, and I suspect the lack of accuracy is for practical and gameplay reasons. It would have taken them years to build an accurate model of London, and would have required a lot of texture and other graphics data.

Also, in terms of gameplay, in real life, it can take up to an hour to get from one side of London to another, and the average game-player isn't going to want to play a game where they just ride a carriage for an hour. Syndicate's London is small enough that it only ever takes a few minutes to get from one area to another. There are other inaccuracies though, although nothing that detracts from the game too much.

Syndicate does look surprisingly good considering it came out in 2016, and has a decent story, with good voice acting and likeable (if a bit smarmy at times) main characters. I'm quite enjoying it.

Also, I can recommend Assassins Creed:origins. This is set mostly in Ancient Egypt, where you play a character who is essentially there to protect the community. In Modern-day egypt, you play a researcher researching your character in Ancient egypt. This game looks stunning, and is apparently historically very accurate. I did find the main character wasn't as interesting as Jacob and Evie Frye from Syndicate though.

Digital Spy have a run down of the best Assassin's Creed games.. https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a673...ed-worst-best/

Last edited by Stuart; 12-02-2019 at 13:58.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote