View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 17:23   #7542
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
What actually happens with mobile networks will be unclear. Vodafone included some roaming prior to the EU rule coming into force, and their existing free roaming zone includes Turkey which has a Vodafone network.

As Telefonica O2 and Vodafone operate across the Eurozone I don’t think they will go back to charging. They may offer a limited data allowance instead of the full UK allowance.
It was on the news today that only two of the networks will continue with free roaming and that there's no guarantee that this will continue indefinitely.

Anyone affected would be better off buying a local PAYG SIM card than paying roaming charges.

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It does - but if we have a "no deal" Brexit, it won't cover any of my trips (as it will have less than six months).

I will be renewing it this weekend, that way I won't have any concerns (having paid for the flights, GP tickets, and accommodation for the Barca trip, it would be silly to put those at risk).
Yes, I think i'd do the same. Presumably if someone had two weeks left and travelled before 11pm on Brexit day, they would be ok for their fortnights holiday??