View Single Post
Old 27-07-2019, 19:55   #1457
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Sky have openly admitted they need more eyes on sky Atlantic for advert revenue etc. I’d imagine virgin media will get the now tv app. But if you were sky would you announce it yet or instead wait until next year then the deal kicks in? More time to use the precious “sky exclusive” tag and try to entice virgin media customers over in the next 5+ months
I agree with most of that, Vince. But I don't think Virgin will go down the Now TV route, to be honest. They would almost certainly insist that the Now TV on demand content be made available on Virgin's own on demand system.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The very fact that Sky and Virgin have just renewed it's deal for Sky's portfolio of linear channels and On Demand suggests Now TV is very unlikely to appear. As jfman has pointed out had Virgin struck a deal for Sky Atlantic it would have dominated the headline and press release.
Unless Sky made that a condition within the contract agreed.

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
SKY Atlantic is not arriving on VM in any shape or form with this new agreement.
No-one has suggested that we will get the channel since the announcement about the new deal has been agreed.

The argument is about whether we will get the on demand content that will be available to BT.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
exactly don't know why people cant except we not getting SA ever
I think we have all acknowledged that we are not getting the scheduled channel for the foreseeable future.

The channel is most likely to go under anyway with the launch of new streaming services.

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l don't think they will get neither..
Is that a double negative?

You are clearly hedging your bets!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote