View Single Post
Old 28-08-2020, 11:38   #3333
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
In fairness Seph, I wasn't sure if your post was tongue in cheek or not.

For starters, giving Scotland a 60% hurdle when the Brexit vote just needed a simple majority is just going to inflame matters and play to the nationalist cause. And rejoin upto two years incentives Scots to give it a go as there is a lifeboat waiting if it all goes pear-shaped.
I'll leave it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
At least I'm being specific on negotiable items. I don't recall reading anything specific from you on any of the topics that amuse us.
Could be wrong - you might be able to dig something up.

Some people on this thread seem to think you're some sort of economist. I don't!
Andrew, my post was a straight criticism of my friend jfman's argumentative approach.

As to my list, I set the bar higher than could be realistically achieved. I definitely want to avoid the 52/48 situation that dogged Brexit. I also wouldn't want to let the Scots get away with milking the UK - much in my sod 'em vein if they really vote for independence.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote