View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 00:08   #613
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Sir Keir’s Kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
You couldn't be further from the mark . I don't recall saying if I approved of the Labour monopoly or not in our ward , as is the case in many local council wards the individual councillors are pretty ineffective and I can't see that changing with the new mix of political parties 'representing' the area. I certainly didn't say I was happy with my local council constantly being ruled by one party. One party constantly being in control in my opinion will only lead to laziness and complacency and on a national level would be nothing but bad .

I will say however, that I DO TAKE EXCEPTION with being told what does and doesn't make me happy and what I do and don't like ,
You said "I don't know what the answer is but I know what it isn't and that is letting this country drift in to a one party state". Answer to what? Labour losing seats. Drifting implies a change, a change from Labour winning seats to Labour losing them. So from your own post, you are unhappy with Labour losing seats, and want an answer to that "problem". For the "problem" to go away would mean Labour winning seats. Asking "I don't know how Labour think they are going to stop losing seats", might be considered not to be taking sides.

If you consider that your local council is lazy and complacent, then shouldn't you be welcoming Labour losing council seats, although it won't make any difference.
Wakefield Express

Quote:
With six seats still to be declared tonight, Labour currently has 43 of the council's 63 seats. The Conservatives have 15 and the Liberal Democrats have two.
If I've got things right, then before the vote, Labour already had a majority with 33 seats. They couldn't be voted out.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote