View Single Post
Old 20-03-2008, 21:21   #1542
ceedee
cf.geek

Services: 100Mb VM Broadband
ceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Time to get to work again folks, lets see some anti Phorm PR on the following blog comments please:
http://understrictembargo.wordpress....-of-pr-crisis/
Oh, if you insist:
Quote:
What Jed is missing (and Phorm deliberately ignore) is that this is nothing like loyalty card mining (no card: no data) or cctv snooping (of public areas).

Phorm is equivalent to the Post Office opening your letters to friends, family and suppliers and reading every word in order to identify which useless leaflets your local free newspaper should dump on your doormat each week.
Or BT listening in to every phone conversation to better assist a telemarketing droid's attempts to interest you in their wares.

As for Phorm's PR team talking up their excellent 'strategy' -- shame you missed that us lowly consumers might expect a complete and secure method of avoiding our data being abused by our ISPs and Phorm? Do you yet accept that an opt-out cookie is completely inadequate?

It's not that we don't understand how Phorm works nor appreciate how anonymous you insist the data is reformed: we simply don't want you to have anything to do with our private data.

Quite how BT Retail, TalkTalk and VirginMedia think they have any right to examine, manipulate and profit from my internet browsing is beyond me but I'm sure they'll be "open and transparent" explaining it to me. Eventually.