View Single Post
Old 20-03-2008, 20:23   #1535
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Again, I have to disagree with this unless someone actually has evidence to the contrary.

The latency on that second hop is simply too high to be on the same device as the first.

I don't use cable, I use ADSL and I have /29 subnet so I use static routing for all my IPs and each device has a public IP address so I don't use NAT -but- I still think that second hop is VM's gateway as opposed to your router/modem.

I am not saying it definitely is, it could just be a case that the VM cable boxes are crap and have high latency at the network bridge.

Alexander Hanff
carrage returns are good

seriously Alexander, it really is the Wan side internal VM IP that VM give your modem, in my case the NTL250

2 23 ms 22 ms 18 ms 10.137.*
3 52 ms * 10 ms bagu-t2*
4 12 ms 7 ms 13 ms bagu-t2core-b-ge-wan22.inet.ntl.com

beleave it or not the NTL250 and VM255 are the ones rated for the 20Mbit service and they do run at that, its even been seen that they run at the full docsis1.1 30+Mbit.

BUT the internal WAN to LAN CPU processing part inside them is real slow sometimes.

the sammy STB is also in the simular private internal VM range if anyone on VM checks their STB IP settings/technical stuff IP address 10.118.* , these are pluged into the very same UBRs your CM plugs into.