View Single Post
Old 19-12-2019, 02:55   #5275
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: 5.5/10

It is very much as mixed bag. I am sure the majority of people will think it is fantastic and the production quality was certainly top notch. The problem for me is that it was very hit and miss. It is definitely the best out of the three films but that isn't saying much. There are moments when they get is just right and it feels like true Star Wars and the rest of the time it just feels like a generic film which somebody has bought a license for so they can slap Star Wars on the front of it.

My feelings towards this trilogy can be described as how many people felt about the last season of GoT. I would gladly see it erased from existence and remade. In comparison to eps 1-6, I have come away from this feeling like I haven't been moved by any of the films, I couldn't care less about any of the new characters and tbh it hasn't felt like true Star Wars and a continuation of the story. I feel like the whole thing has been a process of regurgitating scenarios and scenes from the original trilogy and just bringing it up to date a bit, and you will see it in this film as well. As excited as people have been about the inclusion of the older actors/characters it could have been handled better. Again, it feels like a marketing plot more than anything else and in this film Lando was just wasted. He was there to look pretty and his character lacked the gravitas and presence that it did in the original trilogy. There are a couple of really stupid bits in it which annoyed me and made no sense at all and were there for the sake of progressing the story and you expect better from franchises such as this where everything hangs in the balance and every moment should count. I am curious to see if anyone else picks up on them.

The one good thing I will say about it is that you can see JJ has made a concerted effort to address what pissed everyone off about TLJ. Infuriating Rose is hardly in it and Luke is more himself.

I would say it is worth watching at the cinema in terms of the visual scifi spectacle but don't expect to come away from it having been wowed and satisfied by the conclusion of a story/trilogy.

Last edited by General Maximus; 19-12-2019 at 02:59.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote