Old 11-11-2019, 12:16   #10
bigsinky
cf.addict

Services: Broadband Gig1
bigsinky is on a distinguished roadbigsinky is on a distinguished road
Re: Can i upgrade to 500Mbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash45 View Post
Ah didn't realise they'd started doing contract take overs when i ordered they said they couldn't at the time,
only going by what the team in belfast told me.

Quote:
ive seen some screenshots of the config files on the Gbit service & that user actually had a 1200Mbit config but yes it was stupid of them to only include Gbit ports as we all know the wifi aint gunna get those speeds lol but i guess its more about multi device than single devices getting those speeds as far as VM are concerned
yep. thought that myself. loads on wifi both 2.4 for the range and 5.0. 24 port gigabit unmanaged switch with pcs and laptops connected. phillips hue hub and 7 raspberry pi all going

Quote:
The hitron uses bang on the same chip set as the SH3 so yes still the puma TBF at least in modem mode i havnt really had any problems with it though, i do with they'd just let us buy our own modems like they do in other parts of the world on cable networks as TBF i do actually prefer only having 1 device lol but at the same time id rather use my own router than the limited interface of the SH3/Hitron
i have another thread about modems around the 150 mark to replace the SH3. so your saying the hitron is just another SH3 with a different badge? you aint getting a router with even a 2.5 gig network port for a ton and a half
bigsinky is offline   Reply With Quote