View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 10:59   #5509
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My niece has been skipping breakfast and lost weight, thus unlikely to go on holiday with us as she might be admitted

She's been a deivious little so and so and lied to her brother, who blames himself.
Try and reassure him Hom3r that it is not his fault at all as it is my understanding this is part of the illness for many, after doing some googling it seems that people who suffer from this illness lying about how much and when they've eaten is part of this illness, or how much they weigh is all part of it I'm afraid this is part of the warning signs. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/eating-disorders/

Warning signs to look out for include:
Dramatic weight loss, lying about how much and when they've eaten, or how much they weigh, eating a lot of food very fast, going to the bathroom a lot after eating, often returning looking flushed excessively or obsessively exercising, avoiding eating with others, cutting food into small pieces or eating very slowly wearing loose or baggy clothes to hide their weight loss.

Family members could phone Beat if not already done so as they may be able to give advice on what to look out for, you can also talk in confidence to an adviser from eating disorders charity Beat by calling their adult helpline on 0808 801 0677 or youth helpline on 0808 801 0711.

As a family, you are all new to this and no one is to blame if your niece manages to pull the wool over one's eyes take the good point out of this as more than likely she will find it hard to manage this again to her brother or another family member.

It may be worth looking into support groups in your area where they offer advice and with a bit of luck they will have a support within your area I know that my illness is different from your nieces but I go to local support groups, these groups have not only helped me but they have given my family more understanding of my illness.

http://www.anorexiabulimiacare.org.u...gional-support

Last edited by weenie; 11-08-2018 at 11:22.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote