View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 21:20   #269
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

I appreciate that you’ve now accepted what I’ve been saying for some time. End users do not have unlimited disposable income - in particular due to the pandemic - and this creates an increasingly precarious situation for new entrants who are fundamentally trying to squeeze into an already well developed market.
What do you mean, ‘now accepted’? I have always accepted that people don’t have unlimited disposable income. Why would you think otherwise? Yet again, you are attributing an argument to me that I have never made.

The number of new subscribers will grow less fast, and eventually flatten out over time because that’s the limit of interest in the streamer.

People who can’t afford more (or any) SVOD providers will turn to AVOD providers instead, and most VOD providers will probably give us that choice over time, although Netflix has ruled out an AVOD option up until now.

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
His words are there in black and white - how else could he mean it?

I read what was actually written, and that does not contradict what I think or anything I have said in any way.

How it fits in with your thoughts on the matter I’m not sure, but if you are able to make sense of it within your belief system, I’m perfectly happy with this.

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
My 87 year old Mother is obsessed with NCIS, never has anything else on. Mind you it could be because she's lost or forgotten how to use the remote...
My grandmother became more confused as she became older and would only ever watch ITV. She never, ever, turned the channel!