View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 20:05   #267
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I didn’t ignore it, jfman. Nor did I take the meaning the way you took it, but I don’t find that at all surprising.
His words are there in black and white - how else could he mean it?

Quote:
I think we all appreciate that as a market matures, the growth is less fast and eventually flattens out. However, while growth may slow, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the time viewers spend on the app follows that trend. Indeed, as viewers adjust to on demand environments, they will watch more in that way. Habits change over time.
I appreciate that you’ve now accepted what I’ve been saying for some time. End users do not have unlimited disposable income - in particular due to the pandemic - and this creates an increasingly precarious situation for new entrants who are fundamentally trying to squeeze into an already well developed market.

Quote:
The reason it’s interesting is because we’ve all been brought up with TV channels and the way we watch content. We know that currently more people watch BBC content from easily accessible broadcast channels.

However, Now operates in a more integrated way, with the prominence of VOD and scheduled TV reversed. Both live TV and on demand viewing is on there, but the emphasis is on VOD. When presented in that reverse order, I believe that most people would go straight to on demand.
Fundamentally you are introducing a bias to seek out the result that you want rather than consider consumer behaviour in the television market as a while.

As a Now TV subscriber the quality of on demand streams is higher than the live stream for content on the entertainment pass. The reality for the vast majority comparing broadcast HDTV is the other way around.

Last edited by jfman; 09-06-2021 at 20:11.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote