Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2021, 18:39   #4256
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
If it's the expectation that the UK looks after its' own, then surely other countries or blocs of countries looking after their own is reasonable too?

The US has been doing this since day one of course with a ban on vaccine exports.
Indeed. But the EU's approach to this opportunity has been entirely belligerent and hostile. And in public at that. That kind of behaviour needs to be rebuffed, imo.

Had the EU come to the UK and quietly asked if we could help them out, then I would have expected a an accommodation with 'our European friends".

However, Macron and Merkel publicly trashed AZ vaccine to the extent that there is major public resistance to that vaccine.

The above said, I'm sure that the UK government will offer something to the EU, which they don't deserve.

My advice is at your risk.