View Single Post
Old 17-05-2022, 11:13   #2176
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Partygate & Beergate discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Sigh! I see the discussion hasn't moved along.
Anyway the Tories attack on Starmer is a mistake because it keeps everyone's mind firmly on what preceded that. Not much point in kicking it into the long grass if you keep getting the strimmer out to find specific targets that suit your agenda.
And I can see your agenda, you won’t shut me up Maggy. Just because you and others can’t stand the attacks on the pathetic hypocrisy of yours and others precious Labour Party who are certainly no better, doesn’t mean I won’t stop raising it in this thread.

Now, where were we…. TBC.

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I mean 'dire' is very much spin though isn't it? It's slightly better than 2018 overall which is when Labour had polling numbers consistent with their 2017 election performance. Which is quite a recovery from 2019.

It's not amazing, it's not great. But it's not bad either. It's a decent performance. Especially in the context of where they've come from.
I think you’re trying really hard to spin it as good, actually. It was an exceptionally bad result, especially for Starmer. All the accusations, fines levied at the Tories, Labour should have raced ahead and completely obliterated every Tory council seat out there, but they didn’t, Tories even took seats from Labour.

Starmer is a toxic brand to Labour and even more so now, having now being alleged and he himself, under criminal investigation, organising a piss up and curry night, during lockdown rules he voted for!