View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 12:53   #1
hinch
Inactive

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
Overhead Phone Lines

Hi chaps/chapesses,
I'm not sure if this is the correct site for my particular problem but if anybody can help then thank you. Here goes. I am trying to stop the local bird population from perching and using two overhead phone lines as a toilet. One line is mine and the other belongs to my immediate neighbour. These lines pass directly over my garden and my parking place where the birds evacuate very frequently on my new car and my washing. Before you ask, it is not possible to move the washing line and my parking space is what it is. I could park on the public road I suppose but I would prefer not to.
Anyway, to make matters worse my next door neighbour attracts the local bird life by having a fully stocked bird table which is why the birds perch near by in the first place.
Because I was getting so fed up with re-washing my clothes and car, I decided to attempt to disuade the birds from perching on the lines by attaching a couple of lengths of tinsel using small cable-ties.
Needless to say, the neighbour thinks I am childish (yes but it is affective) and has asked me to remove the tinsel on HIS wire because "I pay ten pounds a month for it and I don't want it to be damaged". His cable travels directly over my car and garden (as I mentioned previously) and attaches to the wall below his guttering of his bungalow.
By the way, I am not trying to eliminate the birds altogether but just persuade them to perch elsewhere as my initial attempt using a large plastic owl failed.
I would like to know what the rules are about any aspect of this scenario please anybody?
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote