View Single Post
Old 26-02-2008, 22:31   #236
bw41101
cf.geek

Services: Broadband XL TV XL Phone - A device with buttons that makes a funny noise when it rings!
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

With regard to this issue and whether there are applications (out there) to circumvent the system - TOR being discussed. I believe (for Firefox users) there already is an extension to tackle this particular issue, namely TrackMeNot.

To quote from the representative extension website: "TrackMeNot is a lightweight browser extension that helps protect web searchers from surveillance and data-profiling by search engines. It does so not by means of concealment or encryption (i.e. covering one's tracks), but instead, paradoxically, by the opposite strategy: noise and obfuscation. With TrackMeNot, actual web searches, lost in a cloud of false leads, are essentially hidden in plain view. User-installed TrackMeNot works with the Firefox Browser and popular search engines (AOL, Yahoo!, Google, and MSN) and requires no 3rd-party servers or services."

Forgive me if this has already been suggested, but I couldn't bring anything up in the searches, anyway it's (at least) worth a try.

Si thee