View Single Post
Old 14-12-2017, 12:25   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Disney buys 20th Century Fox movies and tv series

Just came across this article on Sky News

Quote:
Disney has agreed a $52bn deal to buy film and TV assets from 21st Century Fox.

The sale includes Fox's 39% stake in Sky, the owner of Sky News.

In the US, the widely-anticipated deal will bring together the 20th Century Fox film studio known for hits such as Avatar and Ice Age with Disney's film assets including Pixar, Marvel and LucasFilm's Star Wars franchise.

Also included in the deal are Fox's US cable networks including FX and the National Geographic Channel as well as India's Star TV.

Other assets changing hands include Fox's 30% stake in Hulu, the US streaming service, in which Disney is also a shareholder.
It is very interesting but I am scratching my head and wondering why Fox are doing it. My knowledge is limited but I can only think it leaves them in the news business and that is it.
It is good news for us anyway because 20th Century Fox have the rights to X-men and the original Star Wars films so with Disney buying them it now puts more Marvel stuff under one umbrella with Disney and Marvel.

More importantly

Now that Disney is going to own the rights to all the Star Wars movies hopefully we'll have a massive movie marathon at the cinema at some point and before Episode IX comes out we'll do IV, V, VI, VII, and VIII in one day.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote