View Single Post
Old 22-08-2017, 22:45   #16
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: It's nearly here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post

EDIT: After all this the service is going to suck, isn't it?
It might if you go for the business service with fixed IP address - either single or routed subnet. Performance is very variable, as has been reported by a few others here. I was immune to it for ages and now have been affected. I am currently working with a senior engineer in VMB to run tests to help them. They are getting closer to getting to the cause of the issue.

It's getting a lot of attention in VMB with a dedicated team to work on it, so hopefully they will have a solution soon. This only affects downstream performance, never upstream.

If you don't need a fixed IP address and take any the business service with a dynamic address the service is great, provided your area is good. Which hopefully it will be given it's new! You've probably got much better contacts than me and will know about the issue, but if not, happy to keep you posted on the fix.

I saw mention of a login issue with the Hitron - never suffered that myself. I did with the old SH1 based business service where the SH1 suffered a memory leak which would use the Web interface to hang but the Hitron has been solid for me.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote