View Single Post
Old 24-04-2022, 11:35   #7161
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Discord . . the super duper communications thing used by gamers and the like.

I'm playing more since retirement, so found a group of people to play alongside, most of which use the 'fabulous' discord when gaming.

I download it, install it, then create an account . . which is immediately flagged as 'suspicious' for some reason they can't (or won't) reveal. It continually asks me for phone number verification instead of email address . . I've never given my phone number and never will.

Their 'support' tell me a phone number is now (as of around 6 months ago) a requirement. I ask them why, as verification by either phone or email makes no real difference to how I'll conduct myself online . . . no answer . . I'm now convinced phone number requirement is a scam and they're selling the numbers on, screw em, lots of people being locked out of accounts because of this.

. . . how much is the cheapest 'burner phone' (oooh that will get the FBI looking now) to use for circumventing bollix like this?
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote