View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 15:58   #1805
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
It has zero usage restrictions; you can download as much as you want.

After a certain amount of download, the speed you can download at is reduced, but you can still download as much as you want.

And even when speed caped, a VM 30meg meg connection is still faster than most Sky BB connections.

I agree that with Virgin you can download as much as you want, but not always at the speed you are paying for. If you want to avoid your connection being restricted, you have to regulate how much you are downloading during long spells of the day. This doesn’t sound like a service with zero usage restrictions. You get punished for using the service more than Virgin would like you to.

Until 6 months ago I was a Virgin broadband customer. 7 years of custom between Telewest and Virgin Media. Virgin can come out with all the spin they want. I know what service I received and it had built in restrictions based on my usage. Nobody will ever convince me that Virgin broadband doesn’t have usage restrictions.

I feel I get tremendous value for money from SKY for my broadband. This was certainly not how I felt about the service provided by Virgin. I’ll give Virgin their due however, their totally unlimited 20mb broadband connection from about 5 years ago was a fantastic service. The best broadband package I’ve ever had. Brilliant upload and download speeds at all times, well brilliant when compared to other speeds on the market at the time. This was the last time I truly felt like Virgin offered a service with no usage restrictions in anyway.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote