Thread: A Duty To Die?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 13:18   #26
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig
Re: A Duty To Die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
although i don't agree with her choice of words she does bring to the forefront an issue that is always on peoples minds ,and i think she is a brave woman to do so.We in britain are so sqeamish about disussing subjects like this ,whats wrong with talking about this subject after all most of us have said things like "if ever i get to that state i want someone to put me me down " or "i don't want to be left in a nursing home drooling in the corner "
my own personal feelings are once i stop being a productive member of society with dementia or any other degenerate illness then finish me off no problem .I watched my Grandad die over 5yrs with parkinsons disease there's no way my kids are watching me go through that or similar
then make arrangements to do so its not hard

BUT any law that legalises this will lead to mass ( i am not joking on that ) culling of the ill disabled and old

once the precedent is set even with safe gaurds such as for example the so called safe guards put in for abortion of 2 dr's agreeing the womans life would be in danger etc they will slowly slip as that has to now them wanting a nurse to authorize it and its basically abortion on demand with no thought of whether it is actually in their interest
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote