Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 12:53   #6159
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
MPs can block no deal if they vote for something else. It's the something else that's been the problem.

People are playing a game of risk here. Brexiters are risking leaving at all by letting the process fly up in the air giving an opening for Remainers to reorder the pieces before they fall whereas Remainers are risking crashing at with no deal in the hope they can stop the entire thing.

At the moment it's technically possible for this to all be cancelled without much issue. Even with May's deal if the Brexit date passes then we're out. Even if the Remainiest of Remain governments takes over it would require a reapplication to get back in. If I were a Leaver I would be more concerned about getting across the finish line than worry too much about the backstop.
totally agree well gonna be interesting day on Tuesday when she loses vote then she got 3 days to have a plan b