Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2019, 17:51   #3068
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
There is no change of heart, I think calls for a second referendum are repulsive, I am merely saying that should UK be put through one again - Leave would win again, the issue I have is that you Remainers would then demand another, you know make the best of 5...
I’ve repeated many times I’d have no issues if leave won another referendum. All of the alleged weaknesses of the 2016 one are gone with another.

The straightforward answer to bitter remainers after a further referendum would be “tough shit”. You lost a clear leave/remain question, twice. In full awareness of facts. It also gives MPs the way to avoid blame with the electorate if it does go badly - they are carrying out a clearly mandated instruction in full knowledge that “no deal” is a likely outcome.

The 2016 referendum will never legitimately achieve the above.