View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 12:20   #3252
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
First, you gratuitously brought in Dido and Cummings.
That is going to extremes. I know what you mean but the comment makes no valid point.

On your Brexiter point, I hope it is not sincerely intended. Scotland is constitutionally part of an integrated national entity and if Scotland wants to be financially better off (earning it, of course), then:

1/
In the realms of the bleedin' obvious, the £25 billion or whatever sum needs to be found from Scottish resources.

2/
There is a negotiation to be had at UK level as to investment in Scotland. Of course that needs to be equitable with the rest of the UK.

The above said, we are a democracy and if Scotland wants to leave the UK, then please go and sod 'em.

The problem with your arguments is that you put up straw men you don't believe in. Somewhat jfman-esque!

No straw men in my arguments unless the two individuals I cited have resigned? I'm suggesting just some of the non-financial reasons that might appeal to voters in Scotland.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote