View Single Post
Old 17-05-2018, 09:19   #4267
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
This news seems to back up my thoughts that streaming is not coming cheap.
I think you are mixing the streaming costs with BT costs. Netflix, Amazon and Now TV on their own compare well against pay tv packages on Sky, VM and BT. The main digital Sky channels and on demand offerings are on Now TV.

It's only when you add the pay TV packages on top of the streaming services that it gets more expensive.

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I agree it's the right direction but BT seriously need to review their pricing structure. Their cheapest broadband, phone and TV package is £47.99. This includes a recordable Youview box but only Freeview channels and no BT Sport! You'd be nearly £70 per month if adding Netflix, Now TV and Amazon. Definitely not a viable alternative for me.
True, but it should not be forgotten that Sky Sports is coming to BT next year, and the Sky entertainment channels will be available via Now TV.

That's a big improvement in viewer choice coming soon for BT subscribers.