View Single Post
Old 20-12-2020, 11:22   #11
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: The change in storage space needed for recordings on VM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Many thanks spiderplant.

I had a feeling new encoders were a part of it, I recall them being mentioned recently but have no idea how long they've been installed. I couldn't remember when the HD channels switched to MPEG4 so wasn't sure what to attribute to the change. How much bigger were the MPEG2 HD channels on VM just before they were superceded?

It's impressive the results, I couldn't really see any difference when I compared scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Only impressive if the picture quality has not suffered.

You have an ideal opportunity to gauge this by watching both recordings.
I did briefly, hence what I said earlier. I couldn't see anything obvious. I'll have another longer look at a later time.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote