View Single Post
Old 23-12-2017, 18:00   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Why promise something you can't keep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon View Post
I am seriously getting more and more angry with Virgin Mobile. Obviously, as my Nan died in October I can't do anything with my phone. I have been promised callback after callback to get the mobile put into my name, but every single time they don't bother. As I now can't even use the phone to make phone calls unless I have it on loudspeaker (and at work I don't want people knowing my personal business), I want to have it in my name so I can get rid of it and upgrade. However, I can't do that because they won't call me back.

Can I send a letter into them, and say because of XYZ issues I want the contract cancelled? I'm assuming it would be like her TV package, etc the cancellation would happen within 24 hours of them getting the notice. Or do I call them up and say I want to cancel the contract because of XYZ issues?
Just to warn you, if they're anything like the TV side of VM they'll want to make a meal out of reporting a death, including wanting a copy of of the death certificate.

This is what they did to me when I reported a death, every other organisation contacted was kind and helpful.

I would advise you not to do it via the foreign call centre, but I don't think I've ever had any UK based staff answer the phone. Hopefully they won't start being idiotic with you and I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote