View Single Post
Old 23-03-2008, 14:09   #1662
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Actually, I think then that your post may also raise the question of whether Google's search engine gathering bots are also illegal, nevermind Phorm.
Most sites with those T&C have scripts that stop the bots going to pages they don't allow the search on but will allow a few pages of the Site owners choice to keep them in the lists for google searches to promote more traffic to their sites.

I moderate a website with similar T&C and I go into an admin area which shows some details of members which I have agreed a NDC on, phorm would break this rule for me, I cannot trust VM to allow me to surf as I do now with no one looking over my shoulder logging Big BRother style so I quit VM for an ISP that can deliver what I ask. The right to look after my own online protection and privacy.