View Single Post
Old 16-10-2007, 15:48   #788
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai
Re: [Merged] Promote your own website

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman View Post
Just done a mock-up of my works new website that I have spent this afternoon on.

http://www.trial.mlweb.co.uk/purple/image2.html

Any comments welcome, this is the 1st mock-up so I'm still not happy with several areas, the image to the right of the news for 1.

Quite pleased with it, wanted to do a nice bright web 2.0 style.
I like the bright style, as a non-coder I found it quite easy to read and inviting. A couple of niggles. One that has been mentioned before - on a 17" screen at 1024x768 the page is fractionally too wide which gives you a scroll bar at the bottom. Those things *really* bug me.
Also it looks a bit untidy in Firefox, the green 'more' things overlap onto the news picture for random distances. I'd agree that making the actual text into links would be far neater.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote