View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 08:13   #6209
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

A long time ago now - I did have to call them but I think that was to switch on the pay channels.

They did have a couple of channels which Sky didn't have. Carlton Select had been cable only and was a very good channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As far as I remember, an OnDigital box would show all the FTA terrestrial TV channels out of the box with no need to activate a subscription. They just completely failed to mention that in any of their advertising, which meant instead of getting into every home and then trying to persuade some users to pay a little extra for subscription channels, they were just going up against Sky from day one, and their only selling point was that you didn’t need a dish. In other words their marketing strategy was based on a parody of their competitors from early in the previous decade, and aimed at blimpish types who wouldn’t pay anything over and above their tv licence if their lives depended on it.