View Single Post
Old 15-08-2008, 19:19   #14137
madslug
Inactive

madslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the rough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by warescouse View Post
Hmm, I suspect that the original business model Phorm presented to a few ISP's may have a few flaws

I still stand by my point about PR. Even if ALL the things you mention (and a few you may have missed) are 'fixed'. If ISP's adopt Phorms's WebWise interception, their standing and PR IMHO wil only go one way and that is down down down. Is it worth that risk?
On the other hand, ISPs who reject such systems will benefit. It is so good to have a premium ADSL supply from one such ISP.

The big problem will be when the quality ISPs have thousands of people signing up with them all at once - pipes cost money and they will be needing the pipes before they have the cash flow to pay for them. (Anyone who wants to move should consider this when deciding on when to move.)

It makes much more sense for all ISPs to be conduits of data who respect their customers.

(I did not want to put everything into the list, else someone may comment in the future that all requirements have been met.)