Old 07-08-2005, 13:03   #11
Earwig
Inactive

Services: 10MBIT, NTL Sky Digital
Earwig is on a distinguished roadEarwig is on a distinguished road
Re: Another speed increase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian@huth
What is better though? A 3mbit connection with a 30 gig per month limit or a 10mbit connection with a charge for usage over 30 gig per month?
Tough choices

I would rather they go for packeges with differing Quotas per month. That way you could choose your tier rather than being told THIS is the limit.....

Failing that just give a nice High cap that only the Market sellers would hit. If they do give a pretty high cap of say 4-500GB per month then they must be farely strict on it.

No news yet on upload speeds but it goes without saying that these will heve to bu upped aswell. Hopefully to 1mbit or maybe higher?

Whatever the case is I don't think prices will be to high because with all the LLU going on 8MB speeds are becoming more and more available accross the U.K and NTL will need to keep within reach of them on price. It seems if this goes ahead they will have them beaten for speed.............

But there are still rumours of tests on 24Mbit through ADSL so I hope they do not take to long to roll out this 10Mbit or when they do they will be playing catch up again.....

Just how fast can this Cable go?? What is the limit of it? Could they match 24Mbit and beyond?