View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 18:05   #10
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Re: NTL is call centre with longest wait in Mirror test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
Most often people do not put the phone dopwn on you. For starters, it's not a phone anyway, it's a headset plugged into a swtchboard terminal, so there's nothing to 'put down' anyway.

The likely cause is the phone system going wrong. Still unacceptable, but I get annoyed when I constantly read that ntl staff hang up on customers. We don't.
I'm not looking to pick an argument here or say everyone is bad working for ntl, it's something I have never said.

But.....

One of the three times I got disconnected, the guy put me on hold and then took me back off hold whilst he was talking to someone else about my problem. I know someone he was talking to said to terminate the call, this is exactly what he did!

Perhaps he made a mistake or misunderstood what he was being told, but I was certainly not amused after waiting in a que for an unacceptable amount of time. I only had cause to call on two occassions before, one was a billing query and although it appeared to be dealt with efficiently it came to light almost two years later that it had not when I received a letter from Wescott. The other occasion was a technical matter that they passed to technical support, they couldn't fix the fault but I am not complaining about it.

I honestly believe the guy cut me off because his supervisor told him to terminate the call!

I know I probably got a rogue person or someone who misunderstood the orders but I didn't feel amused at the time. I made complaints in certain directions and I received a phone call and the amount outstanding was cleared from my bill, they would not accept any payment and apologised for the error even though I did owe the money. It just made me mad because if they had made me aware that there was an outstanding payment I would of paid as I was trying to do when they cut me off.

To make it more amusing, during the period that I owed them one payment, I had received about $120 credit for being charged for a service I was not receiving anymore. So if they didn't re-start the DD the correct month that was their fault not mine.