View Single Post
Old 19-09-2021, 14:13   #26
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: Will you be buying the new iPhone13?

I currently have an iPhone 11 Max Pro, so due an upgrade. Ordered the iPhone 13 Max Pro with 512Gb storage because it's actually less per month than my current phone (although I could move to SIM only).

The 13 Pro Max doesn't have anything massive over the 11 that I need. Sure, there's LIDAR. There's new lenses and as with Halcyon, I too like my photography, but for times when I don't have the DLSR with me, the iPhone does an ok job. No real comparison to a DSLR, but for a regular print out to pop on a shelf in a frame, most people won't notice the imperfections.

However, batteries will deteriorate over time, so a couple of years between upgrades is fine (thus most people complain about company given iPhones as they are usually older models and most often, already used for a few years). a £1200 phone does sound a lot, but I will use it every single day for a lot of things. If I break that down, it costs me about 1.65 a day over the 2 years I will use it. This is how I tend to work out if something is worth the money to me. I'm happy with that. It's less than a coffee a day and less than a takeaway a week, which most people will happily pay. We don't tend to bother with takeaways very often.

Holidays however... £3000 for a week away pains me. Massively. I cannot justify that kind of spend, but the wife can. It's not all about me, so it gets paid. She gets her holiday, I can buy a phone I like.

Last edited by idi banashapan; 19-09-2021 at 14:17.
idi banashapan is offline   Reply With Quote