Thread: 350M Max speed
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2020, 07:59   #2
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Max speed

Good morning.

Your max speed will be over 350Mb. I used to get around 360Mb when I was on that service. Did you achieve over 350Mb before you started having problems? Also, are you using a wired connection to the device you are testing speed on, or are you using WiFi? Only a wired connection to an ethernet port will give you consistent maximum speed.

Don't worry about the download speed from the Nvidia server. Only the fastest servers will upload to you at over 350Mb or more, e.g. some of the game servers. Nvidia may have been having a busy time anyway.

Your R6400 is a model capable of up to 700Mb, so that won't be a problem.

First off, if you haven't already done so, I would reboot your modem, power off/power on. (It wouldn't do any harm to reboot your R6400 too.) Then check the Hub3 configuration to see if it is set for >350MB. If it isn't, a call to customer services would be needed. You can look at your modem settings without your Hub3 in router mode. Just type 192.168.100.1 into your browser url bar. That's its IP in modem mode.

Post your Hub3 config here if you aren't sure or if things haven't improved - maybe also your power levels. Someone more experienced than me might spot a problem.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote