Thread: General Streaming using powerlines
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2018, 15:58   #15
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Streaming using powerlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Which model AE do you have?

There are different Airport Utility menus for different models.

Are you sure you got the hub into modem mode?
I've tried looking at the AE to see what model it is but it doesn't say, all I can find from logging into it is that it says Version 7.6.9 on it and it runs on 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

The engineer came round earlier, he was here for quite some time. He couldn't find anything wrong other than saying the isolator resistor was damaged and he changed that. I did ask him to put the hub into modem mode to see if that would sort out the internet dropping all the time and I know he did as we had to reset the settings in the TV and put the password in that we use for the AE.

At the time when the engineer left, we had a fairly reasonable internet speed and the powerlines were working and I thought all was okay. However the internet has dropped 3 times and the powerlines have disconnected twice.

I have absolutely no idea what is wrong and I've got to the stage where I just don't know who to ask as if I phone CS they are just going send an engineer out again and I'll have to sit around half the day waiting and they will go through the motions, say it's all working then go. I'm not blaming the engineers, I know our set up worked fine before we had the SH3 and V6 box installed, so it has to be something to do with that, but I have no idea what
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2018-02-17 15.52.13.png (97.9 KB, 10 views)
AlabasterLyn is offline   Reply With Quote