Thread: General Streaming using powerlines
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2018, 12:04   #13
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Streaming using powerlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
If they have to do anything, like drill from the external Omnibox into a new room, they'll charge £99.

To get the AE set up, I strongly recommend that you put the hub into modem mode (from yhr menu after login). They key setting in the AE is to set it's mode to DHCP. You won't need to change anything else. Then you'd connect it to the bottom Ethernet port of the hub. Switch then both off. Switch the AE on first and let it settle for a minute. Turn the hub on and it will negotiate with the AE and supply an IP address.

The Powerline would attach to the AE as would the V6. If you run out of Ethernet ports, you could buy a small switch that would add 8 more.
I wish they had mentioned the £99 before, we did talk about the probability of them having to hardwire the box, but they said it would be for free!

I didn't have any success trying to set the hub up in modem mode with the AE, in fact I ended up with no internet and had to ring CS again to get the hub back on as silly me suddenly realised that with no internet I wasn't able to log back into the hub to change the settings back.

Got another engineer coming this afternoon and will ask if he can set the AE up for us. Right now I am only getting 28Mbps speed yet paying for 100
AlabasterLyn is offline   Reply With Quote