Thread: General Streaming using powerlines
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2018, 12:45   #11
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Streaming using powerlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The technician gave you a load of gollox. The AE routers (Airport Extreme) are general purpose and only quirky to the extent of Apple Speak used in their terminology (e.g. "Keychain").

VM have to fix our circuit - it's external to you. You did check that the coax cables are tightly screwed in? Neighbours should be suffering too.
Haha love the term gollox! Thanks for your help. I did think it odd that the AE could only be used with Apple products as our mobile phones are connected through that and work perfectly and they are both Android not Apple.

They are sending another engineer tomorrow, not sure what they are going to do. The one this morning did tighten the coax cable as apparently it was loose. I did suggest moving the hub downstairs and hardwiring it to the V6 box but he said it was 'a big job', it's actually not as the box on the outside of the house is only feet away from where it would need to come into the room where the V6 box is, so I did feel he was just trying to get out quickly. If that can't be done I'd like to at least try to get the AE set up, not very confident about doing it myself but I may give it a try later on as I guess it can't be that hard
AlabasterLyn is offline   Reply With Quote