Thread: General Streaming using powerlines
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2018, 22:30   #1
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them
Streaming using powerlines

We had a V6 box installed a couple of weeks ago and our old TIVO box was moved to our TV room in place of the old V+ box.

As we had about 49% of the TIVO box full we were keen to stream from the TIVO box to the V6 box and from what I have read on here and on the VM main site you can do this using powerlines, so today we got the Netgear 1200 ones from VM and I set them up earlier today.

They seemed at first to be working fine, I managed to watch a whole hour with no problems, but this evening we were watching a 50 min programme and the connection cut out about every 7/8mins, which was annoying.

I'm not very good with technical things, so I'm not sure if maybe I have set something up wrong, although as it did work fine at first I'm assuming I must have set them up right.

The set up we have is a superhub upstairs, which I assume is set to modem only as we use our Apple router. We have the TIVO box in one room downstairs and the V6 box in another room. The V6 box is connected through WiFi as the engineer said the signal was good enough to connect it that way.

I've got an ethernet cable going from the back of the superhub into the first powerline plug and the other ethernet cable from the back of the TIVO box to the second powerline plug. Both plugs have 3 green lights on them and as far as I am aware our electrics are not old.

I'd appreciate any advice if anyone can help as the idea of being able to stream seems such a good one in theory!
AlabasterLyn is offline   Reply With Quote