View Single Post
Old 16-12-2017, 12:48   #4918
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

That must be very frustrating for everyone and I will be honest I have no experience of this, but what I did experience was not long before my Mother passed away and she was wheel chair bound people ignored her and spoke to either myself or my Dad.

On many occasions while taking my Mum for a short stroll, people often asked me how my Mum was doing this was despite my Mum being there right in front of them or if they did speak to my Mum they spoke to her as if she was a child, looking back this must have been very frustrating for my Mum.

My only regret now is I wish I had the nerve/guts at the time to tell them to speak to my Mum as I can only imagine the hurt this may have caused her.

If I ever find myself in this position like this again, I will ask them very discreetly to speak directly to the person. I know that I learned a lesson from this and I now make a conscious effort of speaking directly to the person in a wheel chair as who knows I may have been guilty of this action myself, although I do hope I didn't.