Thread: crime DOES pay
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2003, 20:25   #10
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by Stuart W
Car insurance....

Far too many people just don't bother with insurance as it works out cheaper to just not get it and pay the fines if / when caught....

I must stress that I DO pay my car insurance BTW, but my insurance costs me £650PA for the cars and £1,250 for the truck... If I was stopped and charged with no insurance on my car, I'd be looking at a £300 fine. In my truck the fine would be more like £600.
As you can see, as long as I only get stopped once a year, I'm quids in without insurance....

So, how many times have you been stopped in the last 12mts?

I am in NO WAY sudgesting you should stop paying insurance, I'm just thinking maybee the punishment for no insurance should be more harsh. Or, maybee we should do the same as some other countries and display the insurance details next to the TAX disc?
Not that lenient i'm afriad. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2975366.stm

12 points = a ban. With each offence at 6 points, and points expiring every 3 years, you could only survive a ban, just, by getting caught once every 2 years.

But lets just say you have an accident. The police are going to come down on you much harder then. And of course, what if you injur/kill the other guy, and he/his family sues you? Without your car insurance to pay for you, you would have to declare yourself bankrupt to wipe the thousands of pounds in debt from your name. I pay out a fortune for fully comp. insurance, but its nice to know that i've got no worries, come what may.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote