Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 22:07   #63
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
It doesn't - but then again leaving the EU in any sense didn't, either. So in that sense, it is fitting that that May continues on with the absurdities.

How does it make sense for the EU to allow a nation outside of the EU to have friction less trade but make their own trade deals?

Make trade deals, fine - but you won't get friction less trade + you will have to accept a hard border in Ireland. You are right, the EU will not punish the UK...it will force the UK to chose how to hurt itself.

On the whole "present 2 plans" aspect I only meant in regards to procedure / process, not the merits. All I was asking is that I wasn't sure if it could be done with a white paper is all - I had no interest in hearing the talking points of the merits, yet in more time. That argument has been made, over and over.

I was just curious as to the procedural hurdles.
So you deliberately create friction out of spite? That's not going to work for the EU, Chloé.

And the UK leaving the bureaucratic and unwieldy EU makes perfect sense, by the way. The real danger for us is staying in, so the sooner we escape, the better.