View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 12:58   #8249
oblonsky
Inactive

oblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about themoblonsky has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Message of support to Alex

I know in the past I have been critical of minor aspects of the focus of the campaign, and be assured that I've been working behind the scenes with technology, media and political contacts to help stop or curb Phorm and other data tracking/profiling within ISPs, but I want to add my voice of support to Alex in the face of strong-armed legal threats from BT.

In my view there is rarely justification for any large organisation to issue a legal threat BEFORE first entering into civil discussions when the other party is a private individual or smaller company with limited resources.

Shame on BT. I'm sure if a reasonably senior person from BT had explained the situation to Alex he would have corrected the mistake but yet again we see David v. Goliath attacking free speech and free expression, which was obviously presented as a personal opinion in the first place.